Here are some simple ways I plan on injecting play, passion, and spontaneity into my life this year. I'm hoping it inspires you to come up with your own ideas. Let me know in the comments if you want to join me in any of these "playventures."
- Take a trip alone (I'm thinking, once Ben weans, I will try an afternoon drive in the country or maybe even an overnight stay in a B&B.)
- Take part in a full-moon activity. This feels super juicy and I'm planning on doing it THIS month. I'd love to have some fellow mamas join me. (This month the full moon is on Aug. 18 and is called the Sturgeon Moon.) Email me if you are local and want to participate in a releasing ritual!
- Attend a local festival before summer is officially over.
- Pack a picnic lunch and head to the park with Ben.
- Go paddle boarding with my friend, Alissa- experience life in slow motion.
- Take my family out for ice... on a weekday! (***GASP!***)
- Go hear live music at Freight and Salvage for a date night with my Boo.
- Meet another couple at a bar for happy hour and appetizers (any takers?!)
- Gather a group of friends together and go to Ecstatic Dance.
- Rent a house in the Mountains for a weekend.
- .Organize a family camping trip
- Take a class on creative writing